We ensure Qualitative Health, & Sustainable Human Development.
NTCA is a Non-Profit Making; Non-Governmental Organization in Nigeria; a National Coalition of Tobacco and Cancer Control Organizations working at the National Level for policy shift
The Nigerian Tobacco Control Alliance (NTCA) is a network of Civil Society Groups (CSOs), Non-Governmental Organizations (NGOs), Community-Based Organizations (CBOs), Faith-Based Organizations (FBOs), and several professionals. The Alliance is concerned and interested in human rights, public health, cancer, and tobacco control with a view to ensuring qualitative health; sustainable human development; and good governance for all Nigerians.
Our strength lies in our members’ expertise in their professional fields, which includes: health, environmental advocacy, research, policy formulation, education, public awareness, advocacy, legislative lobby, good governance, law reform, campaigns, and litigation among others. NTCA’s administrative affairs are coordinated through the National Coordinator and the Program Manager. NTCA seeks to influence Policy decisions on tobacco related issues throughout Nigeria.
Towards a tobacco-free Nigeria
To mobilize relevant stakeholders in implementation of the WHO FCTC in Nigeria through research, advocacy, awareness creation and capacity building for sustainable development.
Our Strategic Priorities
We Support and Monitor the Implementation of FCTC
- Play a lead role in the advocacy for the implementation of the National Tobacco Control Act, 2015, and Regulations, 2019
- Hold government accountable to their FCTC obligations
- Rallying stakeholders to identify and plug policy gaps in the National Tobacco Control Act, 2015, and Regulations 2019
- Advocacy campaign for the nationwide implementation of the Graphic Health Warnings policy
- Build National capacity by supporting civil society in its efforts to achieve a smoke-free Nigeria
- Push for the operationalization of the Tobacco Control Fund
- Engage relevant government agencies for implementation of the ban on tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship in Nigeria